Thursday, November 20, 2014

Coffee?????? Coffee!!!!!!

Now that I have your attention. I mean I could have titled this story as Sex, but have been told to write about things I know about and coffee seems to beat out sex by just a smidgen.

I woke up this morning to a startling revelation. Have you noticed that drinking coffee from home you can drink 3 cups of coffee in a half an hour but at Starbucks or (insert favorite coffee house here) it can take up to two hours to drink one cup? Yeah I know most of you would say I am with a friend and we talk, or you are reading a book. One could also state that it is so hot but I think the truth is if you are paying 5 bucks for a cup of coffee it better damn last!

I actually hate coffee, Now this may surprise a few of my friends since all I seem to talk about is Starbucks, my need of a gift card so I can drink Starbucks, coffee creamer and OMG I ran out of coffee. The truth is I really do not like the taste of it. I was asked by a friend why I put so much stuff in my coffee. I add creamer either flavored or not. If no creamer I add sugar and if I am really desperate I will add a package of hot chocolate to my coffee just to drink it. I find coffee bitter and the additives of sweetness makes it yummy and yeah I do like the kick it brings after a cup or five. Plain coffee is repulsive to me. Hopped up coffee drinks that taste like chocolate mint, or Pumpkin Spice or Caramel, well who can dislike that?

I have a friend name Dina and many of my friends know her. She is an amazing woman who, when she enters a room, can bring a smile on even the Grinch's face. Many years ago we worked together as advocates in the disability movement. I had noticed that she kept getting migraines and was in a lot of pain. I told her I had heard that the caffeine in coffee can help alleviate the pain. She had explained to me that she hated the taste of coffee. Well being the good co-worker I was, I told her I can find a way that she will drink it. She basically told me I was crazy, which I am and I ran off to find her a coffee drink that she would enjoy.

Now I also know that Dina loves chocolate so when I entered the coffee shop I got her a mocha, with extra shot of espresso and two extra shots of chocolate. Lo and behold she drank the coffee, enjoyed it and the headache began to go away. I mention this because I am the one who got my friend addicted to coffee and I am proud of it.

Coffee is a way for me to relax, unwind and if with friends sip slowly while catching up with their lives. I would rather do that with a glass of wine but people seem to frown upon this at 9 in the morning. My world revolves around coffee and if my little 4 cup brewer that my cousins Joni and Chris gave me, which by the way they had two coffee pots and never drink coffee, maybe they are not related to me. I digress, if the coffee pot ever breaks down, there would be a scream heard around the world. Then again......I would have a good excuse to drink my wine and that I do like, no creamer needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment